Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crusades Project Journal Day 4


Today, I finished up my project by completing my newspaper article, perfecting its content and format.  I also created my bibliography and finalized my comments on other classmates’ posts.  In regards to my article, to avoid any confusion, the enlarged quotes in the middle of the text are not directly taken from any of the sources.  Rather, they were created by me based on the information I compiled from my resources.  To answer the final question for the blog journaling, my choice for displaying my project did work as I envisioned.  The format came out as I expected, with the quotes as the key features.  Also, I felt my titles turned out to be good even though I had trouble with them before.  As for content, it was exactly as I anticipated.  Everything flowed and I covered a different response a Muslim would have felt during the Crusades based on the events of the People’s Crusade, First Crusade, and Second Crusade.  It even worked so well that I could use my last sentence, which ties the whole article up, to reference the overall feelings of the Muslims, according to my research.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark,

    I wish we could've known that we were working on the same exact crusades so that we could collaborate our research! Have you seen this link? it is really good and explains the first crusade as causes and effects: http://the-orb.net/textbooks/nelson/first_crusade.html
    I really like your idea of the newspaper article but make sure you organize it like a newspaper and put some pictures. It would be cool if you could find a newspaper font too! That'd be very realistic. Also, you could have an interview inside the article! Those are just some suggestions.

    Gilad

    ReplyDelete